My name is Dennis Erny and I am a Senior Front-end Engineer based just outside Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Since 2012, I've been lucky enough to work on over a dozen enterprise Web apps and sites, both as a freelancer and
I currently specialize in building ReactJS and Angular 1.x single page web applications with a focus on D3 visualizations.
I am periodically available for freelance work. My full skillset consists of:
- Data-driven AngularJS application development and testing with Jasmine/Karma.
- Development of modern user interfaces with ReactJS/Flux in conjunction with Webpack.
- Continuous integration and automated builds using Jenkins.
- Management of complex project builds being served to multiple environments using Grunt/Gulp.
- Responsive design/development patterns and best practices.
- Mobile-first development using Sass combined with OOCSS (mostly BEM).
- Cross Browser compatibility issues from IE8 and up.
- MySQL / NoSQL database design and setup.
- 3+ years using Git for source control and the GitFlow workflow for product release branching.
- 7+ years as a freelance designer/developer using Wordpress.
For inquiries related to client-side application consulting and/or design, don't hesitate to contact me on Twitter
Back by popular demand: my minimal blog-centric framework, Reuze, is back from the dead.
You can now access the HTML builder at: derny.github.io/reuze. The core
CSS (less than 10KB) is still available at github.com/derny/reuze.